Half way through the last semester of my undergrad…so crazy!
I’m absolutely loving student teaching, esp in the school I’m at :) i really am going to be a lil sad when I am done. But I’m hoping to with possibly get a job there or back here in nashville, OR I have recently applied to a program at Vanderbilt, so that would be equally as great!
I just can’t believe college is about to be over, and then: enter real world
My lovely followers, please follow this blog immediately!
is it so bad…
- that i keep a smile on my face…you never know when someone might need a smile to brighten their day
- that sometimes i feel So lonely
- that i care so much
- that I just want someone to show that they care…actions speak louder than words that are barely uttered
- some days i just want someone to hug or hold me, let me cry, and tell me everything will be alright
- that i’m so insecure
- that i keep everything inside because i feel like others have it so much worse than me, or i just don’t think anyone would care because it might be stupid [to them]
- i don’t really feel like i can trust people and what they say anymore
- that i’m nervous about the future
sometimes i feel so lost in my thoughts and feelings, but i just don’t know who to talk to anymore… other days i’m completely happy.
so what gives?
In this interview on The Great Discontent, the inimitable Debbie Millman (who is newly on SoundCloud!) offers five pieces of advice for young people starting out in any creative field – a fine addition to our running record of sage advice.
Complement with Neil Gaiman’s advice on the creative life and treat yourself to Millman’s sublime Look Both Ways: Illustrated Essays on the Intersection of Life and Design.
what did i ever do, to deserve the way i’m treated at times…to be pulled in and pushed away. to be ignored half the time.
…when all i’ve done is love.